Thursday, May 22, 2008

Headlight Covers at Autopartswarehouse.com

Last Thursday, I was on my way to a dinner with friends. We scheduled a meet-up in a mall nearby. Just cheap food and good coffee. I left the apartment at around 6:00pm, I got to the meeting place at around 6:30pm.

There was a long line of cars heading to the parking lot, so I took an alternate route. I knew of this small place nearby, it was actually cheaper but a bit farther. I thought, who doesn’t want to walk in a night like this, so I decided to go to that parking lot.

When I go there, there was also a line. But it was a lot shorter. So I played the patience game. I was two cars behind the entry point, when I saw a gang of kids laughing and having fun. It was a nostalgic moment. A moment that would prove to be costly.

As I put my attention back to the front of my car. The car in front of me was in reverse. I thought, maybe his making room to make the turn inside the parking. But he didn’t stop reversing. Until he hit my car! I kept honking my horn. I was frustrated. We both got down from our cars, he was a fat guy. He looked at the car and said, “My fault… At least your car didn’t get much damage. My car is dented. But, lets just let this one go shall we?” I took a look at front of my bumper, there was no visible damage. So I said, “Good”.

I parked my car and a security guard approached me, “Maam, is everything alright?” I said “Yes, what’s wrong?” He said, “That guy destroyed your headlights”. And I took a second glance. Low and behold: my headlight cover was battered. The bulb was still functioning but the cover was shattered. I shouted out of my wits, I thought the guy got the best of me.

In desperation, I searched the mall for that fat guy. But I couldn’t find him. So I just went on to dinner. I told my friends about it. They sympathized. Then I forgot about my dilemma amidst all the small talks in the evening. The evening was drawing to a close, and I was heading back to my car (this time with a shattered headlight). Then, as fate would permit, I see the fat guy in a restaurant nearby. My anger suddenly came back!

The anger was about to get the best of me, when I uttered, “Excuse me… But my headlights are bashed. I need your insurance contacts”, he stares at me. He goes, “… But you were staying too close behind me, it’s your fault.” Then we proceeded to verbally insulting each other for 15 minutes. We had to be restrained. The ending? I went home with a broken headlight.

autopartswarehouse.comI told Dave about it. He recommended I check autopartswarehouse.com out. Low and behold, I got a new headlight in a matter of days. They have all sorts of replacement parts for specific models. I just used my credit card. Didn’t really hurt my budget that much. I actually ended up replacing both my headlight covers, so that they would both look new.

But, I am still hunting for that fat guy,
Karen Moore